Office Hours with Jeremy Sherin
In our latest series, Office Hours, we’ll take you through employee success stories that embody our philosophy of ‘becoming our best,’ our dynamic workplace culture, and invaluable career advice.
In our first installment, Jeremy Sherin — Mondo’s Director of Training-Recruiting — shares his growth and professional journey of success with Mondo.
Let’s delve into Jeremy’s career path with Mondo!
From Technical Recruiter to Director: A Strategic Pivot
I started my career journey as a technical recruiter at Mondo over eight years ago.
Today, I am the director of training for recruiting, which exemplifies Mondo’s commitment to investing in employee growth. My decision to pivot to this role was not just a strategic career move but also driven by my desire to foster professional growth among my team.
I have always enjoyed working with colleagues to enhance their experience working at Mondo and help them grow. This is why I became the Training Manager and never looked back.
Becoming Our Best
The philosophy of ‘Becoming our Best’ at Mondo is not just a slogan for me; it’s my guiding principle. It motivates me to stay up-to-date with the latest trends, take on challenges, and help position Mondo as a leader in the staffing industry.
This means that I am committed to continuous improvement, share core values with my team, and invest in professional relationships to foster teamwork that leads to individual and collective success. It’s not just a job for me; it’s a way of life.
Career Advice for Future Trailblazers
Mondo is an amazing company that truly values career progression and growth. If you’re looking to follow a similar career path, my advice is to be fearless, curious, and dive into the deep end.
Take every opportunity to learn and grow, and don’t be afraid to take chances and step out of your comfort zone. Remember that you have the support and community of Mondo to help you succeed.
Challenges are a part of any career, but at Mondo, we believe in a solution-oriented approach with our team members. We all face roadblocks, but it’s how we bounce back and keep moving forward that allows us to evolve and bring our team along with us. Mondo’s culture and leadership team support this philosophy, and it’s what makes working here so special.
As a parent, I’m grateful to have a career that has integrated seamlessly into my life. The company values performance and results over rigid hours, creating a culture where individuals are recognized for their contributions. This is why I’ve been with Mondo for almost nine years!
Envisioning the Future: Flexibility and Growth
In my personal life, as shown in the picture above (on a recent boating trip), I enjoy spending time with my wife, Lauren, and our children.
Looking towards the future, I believe that Mondo is on the verge of a major shift.
As a leader, I am confident in my ability to adapt to any challenges that may arise, take charge, and help Mondo move confidently into a new era.
Watch our Interview with Jeremy
Join Our Team: Mondo National Staffing Agency
Embark on a Career Journey with Mondo
More articles about hiring and industry trends:
- Addressing FOBO (Fear of Being Obsolete) in the Age of AI
- Specialized AI Bots and the Evolution Beyond ChatGPT
- 24 Top In-Demand Tech and IT Jobs to Hire in 2024, with Salaries
- Fractional Executives & C-Suite Gig Work Shaping the Employment Landscape
- Harnessing the Power of Climate Tech to Drive Environmental Sustainability
- Staffing Strategies For Each Phase of the Business Cycle
- How to Leverage Tech and Digital Marketing for Back-of-House Hospitality
- Key Roles to Get the Most Out of Your MarTech Stack
- Tapping the Gig Economy: When It Makes Sense to Hire Contractors
- How Executive Recruiters Ease Your Hiring Process
- What to Do When You Have Urgent Hiring Needs
- Generative AI & Its Impact on the Job Market: It’s Not All Bad News
- How to Recruit Top Data Scientists in a Competitive Job Market
- Lessons From Unicorn Companies: Hiring Strategies for Rapid Growth