5 In-Demand Developer Roles Your Tech Team Needs
This is the year of the Developer. As reflected in our annual IT Salary Guide, tech jobs that fall under the umbrella term of “Developer” are some of this year’s hottest and most in-demand jobs.
If your business’ tech team is on the light side, or you’ve noticed some talent gaps recently in your tech department, then it’s time to check out some of the in-demand Developer roles that competitors are hiring for.
Top 5 most in-demand developer roles to hire
The top most in-demand developer roles to hire for your tech team cover an array of skills from web development and app development to cloud computing, robotics, and more.
- AI Developer, Salary & Overview
- Front-End Developer, Salary & Overview
- Mobile App Developer, Salary & Overview
- Python Developer, Salary & Overview
- Amazon Web Services Developer, Salary & Overview
1. AI Developer, Salary & Overview
- AI Developer Top Salary: $290,000
- AI Developer Top Salary Range: $150,000-$290,000
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) sector has grown dramatically in the last few years and this demand has created a significant need for qualified AI professionals with an extensive understanding of how to design and develop AI-driven applications.
AI Developers have the skillset needed to create and code algorithms that are capable of learning, reasoning, and understanding data for applications such as facial recognition, healthcare diagnostics, natural language processing, robotics, and more.
From a business perspective, AI is an incredibly valuable tool to help them increase efficiency in their operations and maximize customer satisfaction.
Without a team of talented, AI-experienced professionals, many businesses would not be able to capitalize on the capabilities and benefits that AI can offer.
2. Front-End Developer, Salary & Overview
- Front-End Developer Top Salary: $180,000
- Front-End Developer Top Salary Range: $96,000-$180,000
One in-demand Developer role that has benefited greatly from the re-prioritization of UX is the Front-End Developer position.
This tech professional is responsible for creating, developing, and enhancing the user interface and experience for a consumer on websites and apps and providing necessary maintenance and updates.
An excellent UX boosts conversions and traffic to your website and helps lower marketing expenses, among other benefits since it makes it easy for consumers to find your content and products and often helps build brand loyalty and consumer satisfaction.
Bringing on a UX-driven tech professional, like a Front-End Developer, gives your business the chance to reap these benefits and improve the ROI of your marketing efforts.
3. Mobile App Developer, Salary & Overview
- Mobile App Developer Top Salary: $216,000
- Mobile App Developer Top Salary Range: $108,000-$216,000
This in-demand Developer position is one of the top-paid developer positions, which shows more businesses are beginning to understand the importance of developing the mobile offerings their customers want by enticing and hiring the internal talent needed to get the job done.
Businesses without a branded app, or plans to develop one, risk falling behind competitors with these mobile offerings.
A Mobile App Developer will help create any and all mobile applications for your business, test the compatibility between Android and iOS platforms and be able to connect apps with social media as well.
4. Python Developer, Salary & Overview
- Python Developer Top Salary: $208,000
- Python Developer Top Salary Range: $140,000-$208,000
Python has grown in popularity due to the stability and versatility of the language and the fact that Developers can write more complex concepts in fewer lines of code with Python than they can with other coding languages.
Depending on what your specific coding needs are, a Python Developer would be responsible for any of the following tasks:
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementing security and data protection measures via coding
- Integrating data storage solutions
- Designing and implementing applications
- Identifying and creating solutions to increase the usability of online and mobile offerings
Because it is a very high-level language, meaning a specialist is needed to decipher and configure it, more businesses are looking to hire Python Developers to help them compete with the more sophisticated coding they see competitors using.
5. Amazon Web Services Developer, Salary & Overview
- Amazon Web Services Developer Top Salary: $218,000
- Amazon Web Services Developer Developer Top Salary Range: $125,000-$218,000
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has quickly advanced as the front-runner for scalable cloud computing business needs.
It currently dominates the market, and, because of this, the Amazon Web Services Developer role has seen a dramatic increase in demand for its skills.
AWS Developers are responsible for designing, building, and running applications on the AWS platform, in addition to designing, developing, and deploying cloud-based solutions, security enhancements, and debugging fixes.
All of which are immensely valuable skills to any business that relies on mass amounts of data or requires additional storage for documents, data, and info.
The demand for this hot Developer role is expected to increase as more businesses turn to cloud computing to handle their data and virtual storage needs.
For a complete breakdown of all the top Developer salaries, download our annual Salary Guide across Tech, Creative & Digital Marketing.
Hiring developers for your tech team
These in-demand Developer roles can help your IT team accomplish the goals you have for your business, in addition to helping transform your business’ online and mobile offerings.
While it may seem initially expensive to bring on new hires to your team, the ROI these individuals will bring in terms of increased website traffic, consumer engagement, and overall audience size more than makes up for it.
If you’ve noticed a talent gap in your IT team or realize the value one of these roles could add to your business offerings, contact Mondo today. We’ll help identify and match you with the in-demand Developer talent your business is missing.
Looking to hire top-tier Tech, Digital Marketing, or Creative Talent? We can help.
Every year, Mondo helps to fill over 2,000 open positions nationwide.
- The Evolution of Work: 9 Trends That Matter
- Highest Paid Social Media Jobs & Top Salaries
- How The Great Resignation Has Changed Staffing Forever
- Why Take-Home Assignments are the Biggest Mistake for Hiring Managers